Friday, October 5, 2007

Reiki

I don't think I've mentioned before that I'm a Reiki practitioner. (If you're interested in learning more about it, please check out this link: http://www.reiki.org/.) I've begun reading about treating animals with Reiki, particularly as I have two cats.

Tonight, I'm in New Orleans, and I decided to do a session with a 20-year-old cat who I've only met twice before. She's at the beginning stages of kidney problems that will eventually cause her death, and she yells a lot, apparently due to the pain she's experiencing. Tonight, she accepted a session with me. I've only had a little experience with doing Reiki on animals, and I suspect my experiences with my own cats is a little biased, because we are too close. But, I cried hard at two points during the session with Kitters. I noticed an ebb and flow of energy throughout the session, and just before she ended the session, Kitters was purring. I found myself involved in an involuntary giggle. It was such a great experience! There was such a large surge of emotion during this session.

I love how each session with animals is different. I love how animals instinctively take what they need and respond to the Reiki in their own ways. One of my cats starts pulling Reiki from my hands as soon as I touch her, while the other often runs around my apartment for a while before she settles in at a place where she is comfortable but not too close to me.... It's all amazing, though. I'm just glad I can bring to them!

Thanks for reading.
Tracey

No comments: