Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Pam's Quilt

Okay, in my first post, I said that I'd include pictures of stuff I've made, but I just had to include this quilt that my aunt Pam made for me, because it's SO cool! I don't make quilts myself, so I'm really impressed. I'm particularly impressed with how the quilt is such a complete picture of me! She obviously put a lot of time and thought into this project, and that makes me even more excited to both have it and share it with others. She's quite talented! I wonder if it runs in the family!



This is a big part of the corner, to give an idea of the overall quilt (although it's folded.) You'll notice a lot of purple, since that's my favorite color and has been for YEARS! She added a little orange for her own favorite color. Notice the big circles in the design. Apparently, there are a lot of different kinds of patterns for quilting, and she chose this one specifically for this quilt.



This one is a little close-up on that same corner. Notice the cats. There are a lot of cats in this quilt, since I like cats so much. The purple border around the entire quilt is of cat prints, and the next-in border is of cats, too.



This corner has books and butterflies, which Pam included because she knows how much I like to read. She said that the butterflies in the design are indicative of the transforming nature of reading....

She's smart, too! I think that runs in the family, too!

Thanks so much, Pam, for this beautiful present! It's so beautiful!

Tracey

No comments: